23 September 2010

a resignation

Perhaps you have heard by now, but I gave my notice of resignation as ACM at CASA yesterday. I am slightly heartbroken at the decision I have had to make, but after a lot of thought I decided that it's the right one. I am trying to remain positive and reflect upon the extraordinary experiences that this opportunity has afforded me. I've had the chance to meet amazing people, work with a huge range of species from the numerous birds to the sweet little margay, and grown personally by leaps and bounds. Not to mention, I have been at the forefront of conservation in Belize for the past 9 months. I never imagined I would have ended up here doing the things I have done. I am grateful. My heart is full. And one day, I will return to visit all the places I didn't have a chance to see during my short time here.

I am taking days off next week. I was hoping to go to Caye Caulker, but other things take precedence now and I'll be visiting people instead. While I will absolutely miss everything and everybody here, I'm looking forward to returning to the States and figuring out what direction in which my life is going.

Thank you, dear readers, for all of your moral and financial support. I couldn't have done it without you. My only regret is that I am leaving my post as ACM a few months before I had expected.

I'm sure I still have at least a few more blog posts left in me to share what's happening over the next few weeks... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment