16 September 2010

rain

This is week has been full of rain... literally and figuratively. Tropical Storm Karl just missed us down here but it's been monsoon-ing for short stints almost every day.

Patient-wise things are just about the same. Thanks to the kindness of a Belize Bird Rescue friend (I wasn't allowed to transport her myself), the Parakeet was transferred to BBR. She had started losing some of the weight she gained, likely due to the fact that she didn't have any other Parakeets to socialize with. The squirrel is still a squirrel. I'm now just waiting for him to be completely weaned so that I can take a trip to Caye Caulker. The Robin should be released in a week or two.

I have nothing else to say CASA-wise since I'm currently almost at my breaking point with everything that I have to deal with and I'm afraid I will write something that I shouldn't. I'll just say that I'm counting down now... 13.5 weeks, 94 days to go and I won't have to feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. I was so adamant, after seeing the state of frustration that the former ACM was in when I arrived, to not let these frustrations get to me. It saddens me that the ridiculousness has affected me and I now don't even feel like trying to change anything. Must.. keep.. it.. together.. for the birds. That's really all that matters anyway, right? Right. Insert sad face.

On a more upbeat note, I trekked into town on Friday for the Independence parade. I was told about five different starting times for it but it finally started at 4 or so. It was a parade. There are pictures on Facebook. And then I spent longer than I should have at Greedy's for their happy hour. Anguish and frustration leads to more alcohol being consumed. Oh dear. Such a positive blog post, this one!

I'm pretty excited about my little excursion to Caye Caulker. It's a tiny island off the coast of Belize City. Go ahead and google it... and feel free to make a trip here to join me! I would like the company for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment